FIRST® is excited to announce the opening of the 2023 FIRST® Robotics Competition New Team Grant Application, sponsored by the Argosy Foundation and other generous sponsors! This is a funding opportunity exclusively available to FIRST® Robotics Competition Rookie Teams and New Veteran Teams participating in the 2023 season!
Awarded teams will receive $6,000 (restricted to registration) over the course of 2 seasons.
- $4,000 in season 1 (2023)
- $2,000 in season 2 (2024)
Application Deadline: Applications must be submitted no later than Monday, October 31st at 11:59 PM ET.
Teams must register for the 2023 season, but do not pay, before the grant can be applied to a team's account.
This season, FIRST will be awarding qualified teams on a rolling basis. Applications will be reviewed throughout October, with the final review being the first week of November. Grants to eligible teams will be awarded on a first come, first served basis.
Please note that completing an application does not guarantee funding and all teams should be actively fundraising and seeking additional funding opportunities.
Grant Criteria and Obligations:
- Teams must be a FIRST Robotics Competition Rookie or New Veteran Team
- Teams must register for the 2023 season before the grant can be applied (BUT DO NOT PAY!)
- The application must include a cover letter and a copy of the team's fundraising plan. At minimum, the fundraising plan should include the following components: Budget, Fundraising Strategy, Timeline of Fundraising Activities.
- Awarded teams will be responsible for raising the additional funding needed each season
Teams will be notified via email of their award status by Wednesday, November 10th (or sooner).
For additional fundraising and grant opportunities, please see the FIRST Fundraising Toolkit.
FIRST will be collaborating with local FIRST Program Delivery Partners while reviewing applications. To find your FIRST Program Delivery Partner please visit https://www.firstinspires.org/about/contact-us.