Thanks to the generous support of the DEKA Foundation, FIRST® is excited to announce our need-based 2019 FIRST® Tech Challenge Rookie Team Grant for teams participating in the 2019-2020 FIRST® Tech Challenge Season!
Only new (rookie) unpaid FIRST® Tech Challenge 2019-2020 season teams in North America and USA military APO are eligible to apply for our Rookie Team Grant. Teams which have already paid their season registration or have received another registration grant will not be eligible for this grant.
2019 FIRST® Tech Challenge Rookie Team Grant Details
- Awarded new teams will receive a $275 registration grant to cover the full cost of the FIRST® Tech Challenge season registration and a $225 product grant to be used in the FIRST® Tech Challenge Storefront to purchase product
- Teams must apply for the grant and meet all criteria to be eligible
- Grant is need-based
- Hardship funding is limited, grants will be awarded until the funding is exhausted - please remember your Gracious Professionalism® and apply only with real need
Eligibility for the 2019 FIRST® Tech Challenge Rookie Team Grant
- Teams must use their nine-digit temporary team number to apply
- Applicants must be FIRST® Tech Challenge participants
- Teams that have received other registration grants or have already paid their registration for the 2019-2020 season are not eligible
- Only one application per team is allowed
- Grant applicants must plan to participate in the upcoming FIRST® Tech Challenge season
- Teams will be required to prove their participation at the end of the season
- If a new mentor has an existing team as well as a new team, the existing team must be registered before the new team can be eligible for this grant
- If awarded, teams will not receive their grant funding until the team's Lead Coach 1 and Lead Coach 2 are both successfully screened
Expectations for the 2019 FIRST® Tech Challenge Rookie Grant Recipients
If chosen, grant sponsors may invite you to share your FIRST® Tech Challenge experiences with them. They are very interested in your progress as a team and will be excited to hear more about your season.
Also, if chosen, please send our sponsors, including the DEKA Foundation, an acknowledgement of their contributions. Failure to acknowledge this gift and complete reporting requirements may result in ineligibility for future grants. Letters, cards, notes, pictures (and whatever else you can think of) can be sent to the following address:
Attn: FIRST® Tech Challenge Team Grants
200 Bedford Street
Manchester, NH 03101
firstname.lastname@example.org - Grant related questions
email@example.com - General questions about FIRST® Tech Challenge and registration