FIRST® is excited to announce a funding opportunity exclusively available to FIRST® Robotics Competition Rookie teams participating in the 2019 season!
FIRST Robotics Competition Rookie Team Grant Details:
- Awarded teams will receive $6,000 (restricted to registration) over the course of 2 seasons
- Teams will receive $4,000 in season 1 (2019) and $2,000 in season 2 (2020)
- Awarded teams will be responsible for raising the additional funding needed each season
- Teams must apply for grant via this application and meet all criteria in order to be eligible
- Teams must fulfill grant obligations outlined below to receive the year 2 disbursement
Grant criteria and obligations:
- Teams must be from a country that has an existing FIRST Robotics Competition event
- Teams must be a FIRST Robotics Competition Rookie (first year) team
- Teams must register for an event for the 2019 season before the grant can be applied
- Teams should have 2 screened mentors
Application must include copy of team fundraising plan. Fundraising plans should include the following components:
- Fundraising strategy
- Timeline of fundraising activities
·For additional fundraising and grant opportunities, please see the FIRST Fundraising Toolkit
In order to foster a culture of Gracious Professionalism®, awardees must share lessons learned after their rookie season.
o Ex.: upload team fundraising materials to the FIRST Community website, post lessons learned to Facebook, etc.
IMPORTANT: Failure to perform post-award obligations forfeit year 2 funding.
FIRST will be collaborating with local FIRST Regional Directors while reviewing applications. To find your FIRST Regional Director please visit www.firstinspires.org
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Applications must be submitted no later than Thursday, November 1st at 11:59 PM EST and must include a fundraising plan.
Teams must register for an event before the grant can be applied to a team's account.
Questions can be directed to email@example.com. Teams will be notified via email of their award status on November 9, 2018. Please note that completing an application does not guarantee funding and all teams should be actively fundraising and seeking additional funding opportunities.
For additional fundraising and grant opportunities visit www.firstinspires.org.
By submitting this application on behalf of your FIRST Robotics Competition team, you acknowledge that you have read and agree to the terms of this grant. This includes an understanding that this grant is restricted to first event registration only and a commitment to fulfill the second-year requirement to receive the second portion of funding.