We are excited to present the #FIRSTLikeAGirl – 2018 Women In STEM Panel & Workshop at Championship in Houston, TX and Detroit, MI.
Opportunity: Please complete this form to 1) state your interest in participating or 2) nominate a someone who would be amazing. To aid in your decision-making, we will:
- Host an informational webinar for people nominating panelists or those interested in serving themselves on February 28, 2018 at 1:00 pm Eastern Time
- No registration is required. Please join us at the designated time using this link (a phone-in number will be provided once you join the webinar for those needing it): https://www.gotomeet.me/FIRST_DI. This webinar will be recorded and shared for those unable to join call.
- Receive recommendations through March 5, 2018 by 11:59 pm Eastern
- Announce identified participants by March 12, 2018
- Offer a training/coaching session for participants during the week of March 26, 2018
- Hold awesome events during the 2018 Championship: Houston, TX on April 20 and Detroit, MI on April 27 from 11:00 am to 1:00 pm
Overview: Interactive, engaging, empowering, inspiring, and collaborative are just a few words to describe this year’s newly revamped event. Women enhance the value of science, technology, engineering, and math and they contribute tremendously to STEM fields. Women in STEM have contributed to some of the most important discoveries and technological innovations in STEM. Let’s celebrate the accomplishments and the journey of professional women in STEM, while inspiring and motivating GIRLS to LOVE STEM! The goal of this workshop is to provide young women the opportunity to interact with women in STEM.
The #FIRSTLikeAGirl – 2018 Women In STEM Panel & Workshop can be a life-changing experience. The workshop is 2 hours and will include a panel Q&A to give participants an opportunity to ask questions of women in STEM. The panel will consist of a diverse array of women from various backgrounds related to STEM. The second hour of the workshop will include small group hands-on activities in which participants will be able to interact with the STEM professionals.
This panel discussion and workshop will open the eyes to realities of a career in STEM for girls. FIRST values and celebrates both women and girls in STEM. Join us as we highlight and encourage more girls in STEM. Get ready for a memorable experience!