"To transform our culture by creating a world where science and technology are celebrated and where young people dream of becoming science and technology leaders."
Dean Kamen, Founder
Our mission is to inspire young people to be science and technology leaders, by engaging them in exciting mentor-based programs that build science, engineering and technology skills, that inspire innovation, and that foster well-rounded life capabilities including self-confidence, communication, and leadership.
Open to FIRST LEGO League teams who have received a regional nomination to submit an innovative solution to the Global Innovation Award for the INTO ORBIT season.
A coach or adult 18 years or older should create the submittable user account. The answers should be written by the team.
Submissions are due March 25, 2019.
TIP: As you answer questions, please remember to look at the Global Innovation Award Rubric the judges will use to evaluate your entry.
NOTE: All Global Innovation Award judges who read your materials have a signed non-disclosure agreement with FIRST.
This grant is open for teams to submit for the FIRST® LEGO® League hardship grant for the 2018-19 season. This grant is on a first-come, first-serve basis. A submission does not guarantee funding.
FIRST® LEGO® League
Grant Open Date: October 5th, 2018
Grant Close Date: TBD - Application will stay open until all funds have been exhausted
Teams will become ineligible if they have already paid registration prior to receiving this grant. The grant will cover the registration bundle (This includes shipping and handling and sales tax if applicable).
- Requester must complete a copy of this form for each team identified as eligible for the hardship grant. Single applications with multiple teams listed will not be accepted.
- Teams submitted must have registered with FIRST® and hold at least a temporary team number prior to applying them for this grant.
- A hardship team is considered as a team who would not be able to participate without the assistance of funding.
- There are NO REGRANTS for the hardship grant funding.
- Must be participating in FIRST LEGO League for the current 2018-19 season.
- Team has not paid registration yet. If a team pays for their registration, they are ineligible for receiving this grant.