"To transform our culture by creating a world where science and technology are celebrated and where young people dream of becoming science and technology leaders."
Dean Kamen, Founder
Our mission is to inspire young people to be science and technology leaders, by engaging them in exciting mentor-based programs that build science, engineering and technology skills, that inspire innovation, and that foster well-rounded life capabilities including self-confidence, communication, and leadership.
This grant is open for teams to submit for the FIRST® LEGO® League hardship grant for the 2018-19 season. This grant is on a first-come, first-serve basis. A submission does not guarantee funding.
FIRST® LEGO® League
Grant Open Date: October 5th, 2018
Grant Close Date: TBD - Application will stay open until all funds have been exhausted
Teams will become ineligible if they have already paid registration prior to receiving this grant. The grant will cover the registration bundle (This includes shipping and handling and sales tax if applicable).
- Requester must complete a copy of this form for each team identified as eligible for the hardship grant. Single applications with multiple teams listed will not be accepted.
- Teams submitted must have registered with FIRST® and hold at least a temporary team number prior to applying them for this grant.
- A hardship team is considered as a team who would not be able to participate without the assistance of funding.
- There are NO REGRANTS for the hardship grant funding.
- Must be participating in FIRST LEGO League for the current 2018-19 season.
- Team has not paid registration yet. If a team pays for their registration, they are ineligible for receiving this grant.
We are excited to present the 2019 Equity, Diversity & Inclusion Youth Advisory Committee Nominations
Opportunity: Please complete this form to 1) nominate a FIRST student to serve on the ED&I Youth Advisory Committee
The FIRST ED&I Youth Advisory Committee (YAC) was established in December 2018. The inaugural 9 youth on the committee represent various regions across the U.S. and Canada. The Youth Advisory Committee develops ED&I projects and outreach initiatives. The committee was designed to uplift youth leadership and youth voice at FIRST. To date, the YAC has played an instrumental role in creating an ED&I Youth Animation Video, ED&I Youth Training Modules, and outreach plans to connect with youth at FIRST. We are currently looking for new students to join the YAC. Below is more information about the requirements and expectations of the committee.
- Students must be a FRC or FTC member
- A mentor or coach must nominate the student
- The student must write a brief interest statement
- If selected, the student must commit to a monthly 1-hour meeting (held virtually)
- The new ED&I Youth Advisory Committee will begin meeting in August 2019
- Students must commit to a one-year term on the committee
- The nomination form will be open until July 1, 2019
Coaches or adult mentors must fill out this nomination form.
Stay connected with FIRST ED&I and our youth initiatives. (go to the FIRST website, click about, click equity, diversity, and inclusion to navigate our webpage)