"To transform our culture by creating a world where science and technology are celebrated and where young people dream of becoming science and technology leaders."
Dean Kamen, Founder
Our mission is to inspire young people to be science and technology leaders, by engaging them in exciting mentor-based programs that build science, engineering and technology skills, that inspire innovation, and that foster well-rounded life capabilities including self-confidence, communication, and leadership.
We are excited to present the 2019 Equity, Diversity & Inclusion Youth Advisory Committee Nominations
Opportunity: Please complete this form to 1) nominate a FIRST student to serve on the ED&I Youth Advisory Committee
The FIRST ED&I Youth Advisory Committee (YAC) was established in December 2018. The inaugural 9 youth on the committee represent various regions across the U.S. and Canada. The Youth Advisory Committee develops ED&I projects and outreach initiatives. The committee was designed to uplift youth leadership and youth voice at FIRST. To date, the YAC has played an instrumental role in creating an ED&I Youth Animation Video, ED&I Youth Training Modules, and outreach plans to connect with youth at FIRST. We are currently looking for new students to join the YAC. Below is more information about the requirements and expectations of the committee.
- Students must be a FRC or FTC member
- We welcome recent graduates (Class of 2019) to apply if you will serve as a coach or mentor for the upcoming season
- A mentor or coach must nominate the student
- The student must write a brief interest statement
- If selected, the student must commit to a monthly 1-hour meeting (held virtually)
- The new ED&I Youth Advisory Committee will begin meeting in August 2019
- Students must commit to a one-year term on the committee
- The nomination form will be open until July 1, 2019
Coaches or adult mentors must fill out this nomination form.
Stay connected with FIRST ED&I and our youth initiatives. (go to the FIRST website, click about, click equity, diversity, and inclusion to navigate our webpage)