"To transform our culture by creating a world where science and technology are celebrated and where young people dream of becoming science and technology leaders."
Dean Kamen, Founder
Our mission is to inspire young people to be science and technology leaders, by engaging them in exciting mentor-based programs that build science, engineering and technology skills, that inspire innovation, and that foster well-rounded life capabilities including self-confidence, communication, and leadership.
The FIRST Tech Challenge is seeking an interested individual to serve one game cycle (approximately 18 months) as part of our Game Design Committee. The Game Design Committee is a group of volunteers who brainstorm, create, and implement all aspects of the FIRST Tech Challenge games (less production/fulfillment). As a member of the Committee, this person will be responsible for attending weekly conference calls, and providing input and creative ideas for the game currently being designed for the next season. This person will contribute to the creation of Game Manuals Part 1 and 2, and to other supporting documents needed for the game. The person in this role will provide support for the game once it is released for the current season via the Official Q&A forum. We are looking for someone who is creative, is a team player, and can meet the time commitments outlined in the job description.
Volunteer Role Description:
- Contribute a minimum of 5 hours each week, including a weekly conference call that occurs during normal business hours (eastern time).
- Provides input during the design phase to insure the game meets requirements outlined by FIRST.
- Contribute to the design phase to make sure game elements meet quality standards and budget requirements.
- Contributes to documentation and manuals needed to support the game throughout the season.
- Provides support through the Official Q&A Forum to answer team related questions throughout the season.
- Maintains confidentiality of all aspects of design process.
- Applicants must be a minimum of 25 years old.
- Position may require a trip to FIRST Headquarters in Manchester, NH at FIRST’s expense.
- CAD experience is a plus, but not required.