FIRST is an inclusive robotics community that prepare young people for the future. Whether it is finding their people or finding their path, students gain the skills and courage to forge ahead with FIRST.
Thanks to the generous support of the DEKA Foundation, FIRST® is excited to announce our need-based FIRST® Tech Challenge Rookie Team Grant for teams participating in the 2022-2023 FIRST® Tech Challenge Season!
2022-2023 FIRST® Tech Challenge Rookie Team Grant Details
- Only new (rookie) FIRST® Tech Challenge 2022-2023 season teams in North America and USA military APO are eligible to apply for our Rookie Team Grant.
- Awarded new teams will receive a $750 grant to use towards FIRST® Tech Challenge season registration and products in the FIRST® Tech Challenge Storefront.
- Teams must apply for the grant and meet all criteria to be eligible
- Grant is need-based
- Hardship funding is limited, grants will be awarded until the funding is exhausted - please remember your Gracious Professionalism® and apply only with real need.
Eligibility for the 2022-2023 FIRST® Tech Challenge Rookie Team Grant
- Applicants must be FIRST® Tech Challenge participants
- Only one application per team is allowed
- Grant applicants must plan to participate in the upcoming FIRST® Tech Challenge season
- Teams will be required to prove their participation at the end of the season
- If a new mentor has an existing team as well as a new team, the existing team must be registered before the new team can be eligible for this grant
- If awarded, teams will not receive their grant funding until the team's Lead Coach 1 and Lead Coach 2 are both successfully screened
Expectations for the 2022-2023 FIRST® Tech Challenge Rookie Grant Recipients
- If chosen, grant sponsors may invite you to share your FIRST® Tech Challenge experiences with them. They are very interested in your progress as a team and will be excited to hear more about your season.
- Additionally, if chosen, please send us a digital “sponsor thank you” to our generous sponsor the DEKA Foundation, as an acknowledgement of their contributions. Failure to acknowledge this gift and complete reporting requirements may result in ineligibility for future grants.
- Digital thank you files including letters of thanks from the team, pictures, presentations and whatever else you can think of can be sent to the following email: email@example.com
**Please include "2022-2023 Rookie Grant Sponsor Thank you" in the subject line**
General questions about the grant can be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org